Thursday, July 22, 2010

Apologies for the delay

Well it seems this may be my first blog post in nearly 2 years, and it seems as though I've missed a lot. The world is poorer, more affluent, fatter, and all the while malnourished. On a more personal note though, having read through my previous posts and some of my academic writing while shuffling things about my room, I fear I may be losing my youthful vigour. I always wondered about the process of becoming old and whether its a sudden snap one day and you just are old, or a drawn out series of defeats. I am glad to report that its most certainly the former. My snap; being in The Gaff on Oxford St at 3am in the company of a lovely young american exchange student. The thoughts running through my head should have been focused on developing a series of charming pick ups to take this girl home. What was I thinking about instead? How nice it would be to be asleep, how I was looking forward to monitoring the progress of my garden in the morning, how I might be able to finish my latest Michael Pollan book, if I set aside a couple of hours in the afternoon. I long to live with wanton disregard again! Until then, you'll find me bent over a stove baking anzac biscuits (mums recipe of course)

Jack

No comments: